Summer
Yay for summer! or Not?
This is the first summer where the kids seem to be bored out of their minds! I have banned TV/Technology during the days and they can still only play video games on Friday evening. Boredom is killing them (and me). I want them to use their creativity but I think they are getting to the age that everything is so lame now since they don't play with toys. And to be fair - it has been so hot outside so their usual game of basketball and been put on pause until it cools down. Heaven help us this summer!
I have even had to force them to walk/scooter to artic circle for a shake and go to the pool. The fun thing with boredom, though, is that they have been loving reading the blog books nonstop.
Braxton and Boston being bored together
Jodi is the fun mom! Boston had asked me earlier in the day to buy him a watermelon to smash. I totally thought he was joking and told him no. Later in the afternoon, Jodi, Braxton's mom, sent me pics and videos of the boys wrapping rubber bands around the a watermelon that she bought them. They worked so hard on this for a couple of hours until the pressure exploded the watermelon. They had a blast! Boys!
It was fun to be the second leader to this group of boys. Garrett needed another leader to go with him and the boys to the Provo Temple. It was so fun! Such a great group of kids! Of course we had to get ice cream after.
Fun lunch when Kate Waters came into town. I miss working with her!
**I ended up quitting my job with CP Resolutions after almost 5 years of working there. I had loved it for so long so it was quite traumatic for me to quit. It really was so sad. Lots of factors played into my decision to quit: overloaded, underpaid, not listened to. Though I really do miss not having a job or something of my own, I have felt a peaceful freeing feeling. I just didn't want to go to work mad/frustrated every day. But I am so grateful for the opportunity that I did have. I worked with some fantastic people that I will miss dearly. I am really proud of the work that I did during my time there.
Impromptu Fro-Yo date with Crew while everyone else was gone.
Crewster still working hard to earn money.
Primary Day Camp! I was so happy to come along when they needed an extra leader at the last minute. Such cute kids. We went to This is the Place Monument.
Presley being silly
Our cute Lily off to work
Neighborhood boys playing basketball
Top Golf for these dudes. Boston, Braxton, Vance
Cousin Fun - Boston, Crew, Kai, Callum
Dance Pool Party and Official Ballet Exam awards.
Presley, Blaklee, Kasey, Annaliese
Trying out the new solo stoves with smores
Whiffle ball with Dad
Garrett and the younger kids made a strike zone for whiffle ball.
Football helmet sculpture that Boston made
Rocking chairs that Boston and Crew both made when they were in 5th grade.







Comments