General Conference and Easter Sunday
General Conference
I have a very best friend here in Colorado who has decided that our church isn't for her. We have had a few heartfelt talks and I respect where she is coming from . . . however, as I have tried to understand where she's coming from - I have been really trying to research how we find truth. I have been wondering why one person feels a certain way and why another person feels a different way. I found this talk the other night and I just really really loved it. It is a talk by President Uchtdorf entitled: "What is Truth?"
I feel like my faith is really secure . . . despite some of my unanswered questions and lack of understanding on certain things - but I do like to learn about truth and how we perceive it differently. I have felt really strongly that as we try to prove the gospel right and true . . . instead of letting our concerns spiral us down a more negative path - snippets of understanding and light will come our way. I have really felt this over this past month or so.
General conference really helped solidify the feelings of my heart. I felt a strong sense of peace and love as I listened to the leaders of our church, particularly our Prophet, President Nelson. I didn't necessarily have a lightening strike of knowledge bestowed upon me - but I did feel the needed peace I was searching for.
I was grateful for the opportunity to join the worldwide fast. I am so proud of my family for participating also. Crew fasted breakfast and Lily and Boston fasted a full fast with Garrett and I. I feel like I have a strong faith and knowledge that following our prophet's guidance will help me come closer to my Savior. For that I am eternally grateful!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Designing and coloring easter eggs.
Per Presley's request - we left out a few carrots for the easter bunny. The bunny ate them right up.
Because of COVID - we had to have a more simple easter. But it was WONDERFUL! The kids baskets were super simple (a dollar store bunny that I purchased when I got them St. Patrick's day surprises) and 8 little eggs filled with candy. It was so sweet to see how excited they were for this simple basket of surprises.
We love our tradition of making resurrection rolls every year. So meaningful and so yummy!
We all got dressed for home church and we talked about Christ's resurrection and grateful we are for our Heavenly Father's plan.
We had such a yummy easter dinner. We dropped off a dinner plate to our friend, Diana. I am glad that we can do little acts of kindness even when we are in isolation.
Comments