November - So thankful!

I can't believe November has come and gone!  I will always be grateful for this particular November.  It has been a month of thoughtful reflection. This pandemic, move, new jobs, new school, trying to make new friends . . . all big things that have weighed heavy on all of our minds. While we have mostly had positive experiences with these big changes - change is change and is has affected us.  The pandemic as been isolating and with that comes a feeling of loneliness and uncertainty.  

Our Sweet Prophet, President Nelson, issued a call for all of us to unite and food social media with gratitude.  For 1 week, we were to pick 1 thing every day and share our thankfulness.  Though I have so very much to be thankful for - - these were the ones that I focused on for the week before Thanksgiving:

I am so thankful for a living prophet of God that can provide such peace during these hard and confusing times. #givethanks

"There is sunshine in my soul!" #givethanks

 

I am so incredibly grateful for the wonderful friendships that I have made throughout my life!  I treasure these friendships always and I thank my Heavenly Father that I have been blessed with such amazing people in my life.  #givethanks

My Everything!  I'm eternally grateful for my Garrett and my kiddos! #givethanks

"What matters most is what lasts the longest, and our families are for eternity." (M. Russell Ballard).  Thank goodness for eternal families!  Couldn't imagine life without these people. #givethanks

I am eternally grateful for my loving Savior Jesus Christ.  He is my hope, faith and anchor. #givethanks

Serving a mission was such a choice experience for me!  I had set my mind to go when I was young and I am so grateful that I had the chance to go.  I experienced all things - - homesickness, out of my comfort zone situations, immense love for people, dedicated and constant time devoted to the gospel . . . I cherish that experience oh so much! #givethanks

--------------------------------------

Thanksgiving Day!

We were suppose to fly out to see Grandpa and Grandma Updike in Oklahoma - but with COVID being rampant, we thought it was best to just stay home and keep ourselves and others safe.  

We have had several Thanksgiving with just our little family - but it really did feel different this year.  Everything seemed a little off, but we still had a fun day being together.  

I snapped this little selfie to send to my friend, Emily.  Normally we would be completely exhausted from all of our baking at work - (It was our little tradition to wear our baking shirt) but now that we are not working anymore, we still like to wear our holiday baking shirts.  
Unfortunately, our ovens in this new house have not been working right.  After 3 inspections, our warranty company deemed the oven unrepairable and our new ovens were delayed.  Kind of weird to celebrate Thanksgiving without ovens - but we did our best.  Garrett cooked a ham on the pit boss we winged the rest of dinner.
Kiddos watching the Macey's Thanksgiving day parade. 
We decided to make Thanksgiving morning extra sweet and ate crepes and strawberries for breakfast!   Yum!




On a whim, we decided to get outside and hike the "Y" together.  It was a bit chilly - but our hearts were pumping walking the steep incline.  The kiddos did great (with a little bit of complaining) - but it was really great to do something adventurous together.  









We got hot chocolate on our way home to warm ourselves up and then we prepared our Thanksgiving dinner.  Sure grateful for this little family of mine.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belated Bolder Boulder Post

Lily is Home!

Lily Updike