Before and After Pics of our Floors and Painting

We feel so blessed to have found such a lovely home with good bones ... and we are super excited to make it feel like our own by changing it to reflect our style.  New flooring, new paint and eventually re-doing the mantel, built-ins, and kitchen cabinets and counters. 








I feel high anxiety trying to pick out the perfect flooring and paint color.  It feels overwhelming to choose a product based on a small swatch - - but we did it and I am hoping and crossing my fingers that it will all turn out beautiful!  

You know the show "Nailed It?"  It's a show where beginner bakers try to copy a professional baker's beautiful pastry.  This is how I totally feel in the decorating department.  I know what I like when I see beautiful inspiration pictures - but I am just hoping when all is said and done that it doesn't look like a 2 year-old decorated it.  Ha!


Painting!  Phew!  Garrett and I have always been such a good team in all of our housing painting projects!  We worked hard for a couple of days to paint the majority of our main level.  Unfortunately, there were several areas that we just could not reach.  We tried to get creative with long poles and a guard - but we just made a mess of things doing that.  Thought it seemed crazy to hire out what we typically do ourselves - we had to anyway.  We are grateful that we found someone to get those high to reach places.  It isn't totally straight paint lines - but it was much better than what we could have done ourselves.  






 Sure can't wait to see everything when all of the projects are done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belated Bolder Boulder Post

Lily is Home!

Lily Updike