Yay for School!!

Yay for school!  We have all been so excited to start school again . . . in school again!  Though the schedule is different this year due to COVID - we will take it!  The kiddos get to go every day but school is out an hour early every day also.  

I am so proud of these great kids . . . as much as they were excited, they were also nervous to start a new school in a new state.  They were brave and went in with such great attitudes!

Back to school night happened a couple of days before school started.  They got to tour the school and meet their teachers.
Lily and Mrs. Cashwell
Boston and Mrs. Knutti

A couple of days after we moved into our house here in Lehi, Boston needed to take the A.L.L. test to see if he qualified for the accelerated learning program here.  He scored really high and is now apart of the ALL team. He will now be in the same class with the same peers until junior high.  He will have a different ALL teacher every year - but move up with his ALL group.  He is so excited and I know he will do great!

Crew and Mr. Rindlisbacher
Presley and Mrs. Lattuga
 ----------------------------------------------


Official first day of school pics.




 Presley didn't start kindergarten until a whole week later - but she was so excited and wanted to be apart of the pictures.


 I surprised the kiddos with Crumbl cookies and cream soda.  It was so fun to hear about all of their first day of school experiences.  

They all had a great day for the most part.  It is always hard to hear the hard things as a parent, but I also know their hard experiences will help them learn and grow.  Poor Crew waited at his lunch room table and missed his whole recess because no one told him he could go out and play when he finished lunch. (Pine Grove did things differently and blew a whistle when it was time for recess).  

Lily is struggling the most out of all of the kids with this transition.  For the most part, she has such a great attitude but other times I know it has been so hard for her.  She hasn't met any friends at school yet and she says she spends time by herself at lunch and at recess.  That breaks my heart!  But I  know in time all will be well and she will make some good friends.

 Kindergarten evaluation meeting with her teacher before school officially starts.  I have to laugh . . . Presley blew her teacher out of the water with all of the things that she already knows.  This little girl can count to 1,000 and is starting to read chapter books.  I am hoping that she doesn't get too bored at school or become Miss Know-it-all because she really does know a lot.  Ha!


 I love watching these sweet neighborhood kids all walk to school together!

 Presley and I had a great idea to celebrate the kids finishing up their first week of school.  Presley helped me fill up 100+ water balloons.  I sure love spending time with her and will really miss her when she goes to school full time next year!  She just loves to tell me stories and she is always asking me, "so what do you want to talk about?"  So cute!

 We loved surprising the kids and their friends on their walk home from school!  Water balloon fight = fun!


 It was so hard to wait a whole extra week  - but the day arrived and this little one was so ready to go to kindergarten! She had her outfit all picked out and prided herself on having the best shoes ever!




 She walks to school with our neighbor across the street, Kasey.  So cute!
 Walking the red carpet up to the school.
 Waiting in the hallway for class to start.
 I have to admit . . . I got super teary-eyed as I walked away after dropping her off at school.  I didn't really stop to think about how I would feel about things because I was so wrapped up in her complete excitement.  I can't believe I am now entering this phase of life with all of my kids going to school together. This will be the only year that they will be together.  
 It just warmed my heart that Presley ran out to me and jumped into my arms for a love after her first day of school.  I asked her how it went and she replied:  "It was a long boring day!"  Oh boy!  I think the first day is always boring as you are just learning the rules of the class.  Thankfully she was so excited to go back the next day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belated Bolder Boulder Post

Lily is Home!

Lily Updike