Mother's Day

 I love Mother's day!  It is so sweet to watch how excited my kids get to "make it the best day ever for mom!"  

The Friday and Saturday before Mother's day, I had the opportunity to go on my first ever girls weekend getaway.  It really was so nice to hang out with some wonderful friends, eat good food, go shopping and just get away for a bit.  Garrett worked hard to get the house cleaned and things all ready for Sunday.  I sure appreciate him!


 



 Garrett and the kiddos surprised me with giant cinnamon rolls for breakfast.

 









Church wasn't exactly Mother's day friendly, however.  But instead of pushing me over the edge . . . it was actually comical:

Sacrament meeting is always a bit of a struggle trying to keep the kids reverent but it was extra crazy this day.  I had given Presley a baby food pouch to keep her entertained for a few minutes.  I happened to look down on the floor and see some greenish goop on the floor.  I picked up Presley and set her on my lap so that I could clean up what I thought was baby food.  I was wrong.  It was absolutely not baby food.  It was poop.  All over Presley's clothes and shoes and now all over my lap.  I quickly took her and changed her into the only onsie I had in my bag.  Thankfully, I was able to get most of the poop off of my dress.  The minute we get back into Sacrament meeting, Crew has to go to the bathroom.  So I take him and Presley into the bathroom.  My sweet friend notices that I am about to miss Lily and Boston singing with the Primary kids and runs into the bathroom to help with Crew so that I could watch them sing.  Wow!  We finally made it through and moved onto our other classes.

You would think the drama would be finished at this point.  But no.  Relief Society was just about to start when the primary president brought Lily to me.  Apparently, she was up helping in an activity with the music chorister and though she tried to tell her she had to go to the bathroom - she wasn't able to hold it while the chorister was trying to take the costume off that she was wearing.  So with Lily completely wet - I just gathered all of the kids up and we just went home.  

As busy and chaotic as life seems with these 4 little loves - - I continually thank my Heavenly Father for them.  I am definitely one lucky momma!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belated Bolder Boulder Post

Lily is Home!

Lily Updike