Garrett's First Century Ride
While the kids were introduced to Laura and Brandon's new cat, Taxi - Garrett and Uncle Brandon were off on their century bike ride.
This little cat received so much loving!
Right after we moved back to Utah, we invested in a Peloton. Christina could no longer attend Burn Boot Camp and there really aren't any great gyms close by. So we decided to try the Peloton bike. I quickly fell in love with it and started getting more active, which was great. Honestly, it had been quite a while since I was consistently working out, and this really got me motivated. Fast forward about a year, I decided to actually start using the road bike that I bought in 2019. I had only really ridden it about 3 times in 2 years, but now that I had a lot of experience on the Peloton, I was excited to try again. Well I loved it. We have some great bike paths close to our home that are perfect for biking. After doing that for about 6 months, I decided it was time to up my game and try a race. So I signed up for the Frontrunner Century ride which is about 62 miles and starts in SLC and goes to Ogden. I had never done anything like this, so I was pretty excited, but also pretty nervous. I tried to do longer and longer rides on the Murdoch trail and got to the point that I was doing 40 milers. But I was pretty nervous when it came time for the race since I had not done more than about 42 miles. Luckily, my brother-in-law Brandon had also signed up. So we rode most of the way together. It was tough, because we faced a pretty strong headwind for about 50 miles. Miles 30 to 45 were definitely the toughest, but I hit a second wind for the last 15 miles that was probably helped by the fact we started going with the wind for a bit. It felt awesome to finish the ride and see the family waiting at the end. I am glad a did it and look forward to more... And I think it also means I should be able to upgrade my bike!
Cheering the bikers on and waiting for Garrett and Brandon to come through.
We are so proud of these two. They both trained hard and they both did so great!!






Comments