My 40th Birthday!

I was unbelievably spoiled on my birthday - my 40th birthday . . . what?!! I have sure been blessed with such a great family and wonderful friends!  They made my big day so special and I can't thank them enough for that!
My friend, Stacey, just really wanted to plan a night out with fun friends.  We went to Chuey's and ate our hearts out in chips and salsa.  Such a fun night!
(Westenskow, Ferrin, Telford, Robinson, Sanders, Moore, Jenson)



Coming home from work to find this great creation. Lil was so excited to decorate for me!


 
Emily and I started a tradition a couple of years ago of going to our favorite breakfast place (Snooze) on our birthdays.  It never disappoints! So good!




Every party has a pooper!  Presley just wasn't feeling super good and all she wanted was lots of snuggles.  I'll take it any chance I get!  
Gosh - I think everyone should get a special book like the one that Garrett had made for me.  It was so sentimental.  I felt a little self-conscious getting a book dedicated to me - but it was so tender reading all of the memories and feelings from family and friends.  I treasure this sweet book.  


A year or so ago, I went to this speciality bakery shop to find some cupcakes for my sisters that visiting teach . . . while there I was offered this tiny bite size cupcake that tasted so heavenly!  So I was pretty excited to get that very cupcake made into a beautiful birthday cake.  It was an almond poppy seed cake layered with a pistachio mousse and a whipped raspberry buttercream.  So so good!



Such a fun fun day!!
I have to laugh at these crazy pics . . . my old Kneader's boss, Brady, thought it was so funny to show me how 40 year-olds look.  Ha!  Bring on the wrinkles . . . just let me feel young still .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belated Bolder Boulder Post

Lily is Home!

Lily Updike