April Happenings

Happy Birthday to me!  I always get somewhat excited for my birthday but the realistic part of me knows that sometimes they just seem like the average day filled with bits of fun mingled with whining, crying, and dashed expectations.  I had a long work day that started at the crack of dawn so I was extremely tired when I got home.  So my tiredness was definitely to blame for my lack of enthusiasm.  Sweet Garrett had such a sweet plan and ordered me a cake from Kneaders that I had been raving about.  I have to laugh though, the other pastry chef that I work with ended up calling in sick - - so I ended up making my own birthday cake. 

After the kids soccer games, I mentioned that I really wanted to go to The Olive Garden for my birthday dinner.  You would have thought I was going to make all of my kids eat spinach with all of the crying about how they didn't want to go there.  Seriously??  So we ended up going to Crave instead.  Fun . . . but definitely not my first pick.  





Despite the typical "mom birthday" - - I am forever grateful for my sweet family that tried to make my day special in their own way.  I love them so much and getting a snuggle session before bed made the ending to my birthday fantastic!



Having fun painting Easter eggs







Annual Easter egg hunt was a success!

















Kiddos waking up to their Easter baskets. (The one day Presley decided to sleep in.)

Family picture on Easter Sunday

The kiddos got water squirt guns in their Easter baskets



Our pretty little Lily had er very first official piano recital!  She did a marvelous job and we are so very proud of her.  She played the song from the Tangled movie, "I See the Light."


Lily and her piano teacher, Michelle










 We all had such a great time watching Lily at her school "Specials" night.  The theme was "Swamped."  Lily was super excited that she got to wear her special made butterfly wings that she got for her birthday.  It was a fun night watching her class sing and dance.





 Presley wanted to dance also.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belated Bolder Boulder Post

Lily is Home!

Lily Updike