Fathers and Sons Campout

So a couple of weeks ago, we had the annual Fathers and Sons campout for our ward.  I thought it would be a lot of fun to take Boston and give him his first real camping experience.  We had a lot of fun.  Boston absolutely loved it!  Here are a few pictures from the campout.

The first task was getting the tent set up.  I have to say, it is quite challenging to set up a tent with a little guy that isn't quite sure what's going on.  Between walking all over the tent and running off to "help" all of the others with their tents, it took awhile.  But we finally got it up and were ready to check out the fire.




  

 Boston was totally obsessed with the fire.  It was all I could do to keep him from getting too close!  He was mesmerized by it.  He kept saying "Fire, hot!" over and over and over again.  And as you can see below, he was very interested in sticking things in the fire.  He tried helping all of the other fathers as they roasted their hot dogs.

 
All in all, we had an absolute blast.  Definitely a tradition that we will continue!  I do have to say, I was very worried about what would happen during the night.  Would Boston really sleep through the night, or would he wake up crying and wake everyone else up.  Luckily, he did a pretty good job.  At about 2AM, he did wake up and started crying.  I was worried that we might have to call it a night and head home.  Luckily, I laid him on top of me, and he crashed once again.  So he slept great...  Me on the other hand?  Let's just say I was very excited to get my own bed back on Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belated Bolder Boulder Post

Lily is Home!

Lily Updike