Brigham City Temple Open House

 I went back and forth on whether or not I wanted to pack up these 2 kiddos and make the drive to attend the Brigham City Temple Open House.  With how much these kids are obsessed with the temple every time we drive past, I knew it was a must.  Since Garrett was out of town, my sweet parents were so willing to come with me and help me out.  I am so so glad that we went.

My initial worry was that our scheduled time was 7:45 pm.  I was so worried that the kids would be grumpy because it was so late.  An interesting experience . . . Lily was so grumpy after the hour + drive . . . she was so clingy and whiny.  The minute we walked into the temple her attitude totally changed.  She was so happy!  Boston was awesome also . . . he let my parents hold him all night.  

Lily sat so quietly during the open house video.  She was glued to it.

I had to laugh as we were walking up the first flight of stairs.  Lily asked me, "are we taking Boston upstairs for his nap?"  So cute!

Boston kept saying over and over again, "Moroni, Moroni."


 Boston could not part with a temple brochure.  He seriously held onto it all night. Don't you love their cute temple slippers?

 
 Grandpa and Grandma spoiled us all and treated us to Farr's ice cream afterwards.



 I am so thankful for the blessings of the temple.  This experience was another witness to me the peace that comes when we partake of the temple.  Both kids fell asleep in the car on the way home.  I was so worried about how I was going to get both kids out of the car by myself without them both having a meltdown because they were so tired.  Instead, Lily let me put her down while I got Boston out of his car seat.  She walked inside the house by herself with all of the lights off and went straight up to her room to wait for me.  Boston didn't cry one bit as I changed his diaper and put on his pajamas. Lily helped me put her pajamas on and both kids fell asleep the instant I put them in their beds.  What a miracle!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belated Bolder Boulder Post

Lily is Home!

Lily Updike