Spring Break and Easter Fun

I wish that our spring break would be at the same time as our cousin's on both sides.  It is hard to plan a fun family adventure to see family when everyone else still has school.  We really just hung out at home most of the week . . . but on Friday, Garrett surprised us and came home from work extra early so that we could go do something fun together as a family to end spring break.

We had such a fun day at the Family Fun Center playing arcades, rock climbing, jumping high in a harness, Laser tag, bumper cars and even ice skating.  I love that our kids are old enough to all have fun together!  I sure love this little family of mine!  They sure bring me great happiness!







 Lily
 Boston
 Crew



















 I cannot get over how cute these tiny little ice skates are!  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We hosted our annual Easter Egg hunt again with friends.   Such a fun windy day!







When I found out that April Fool's day landed on Easter I knew that I wanted to prank the kiddos big time.  They always love to play little jokes on me so this was finally payback time!  Ha!  



 They were actually stunned to find that the Easter Bunny didn't leave anything for them in their baskets.  Boston kept saying that it was "weird."  Lily was pretty quiet.  I mentioned that maybe the bunny didn't come because of the arguing that had been going on with them.  (Even though Lily knows about the Easter Bunny, she really thought that we didn't do anything because of how stinkerish they were all acting that week).  
My favorite reaction was Crew.  You could tell that he was trying to figure everything out in his mind.  He was also trying super hard not to cry.  I gave him a big hug before we told him that it was a prank and the tears finally came.  After about 15 minutes, we asked them what the day was.  Answers were: Easter and General Conference.  They so didn't remember that it was April Fool's day.  Garrett and I yelled out, "Happy April Fool's!"  The look of relief on there faces was priceless.  Crew broke into a big smile and said, "I was only pretending to cry!"  
 The Easter Bunny left all of the goods in the basement for them.




Lily was such a sweetheart and put herself in charge of teaching us about the resurrection.  She found an article/activity in the Friend magazine and did such a great job!  I am so very grateful for our Heavenly Father's plan of happiness.  The knowledge that death is not the end is profound!  I remember Lily at only 2 years-old telling me about all of the things that she learned in her nursery class about the stone being rolled away and the tomb was empty for He had risen.  What a beautiful blessing that we will all one day be resurrected.  I am so eternally thankful!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belated Bolder Boulder Post

Lily is Home!

Lily Updike