December Delights
I feel like the November and December flew by way too quickly! These past few months have just been so so busy! Between school, work and fun - we managed to make the most of it and enjoyed the holidays immensely.
At the beginning of the month we went to see the amazing lights at The Botanical Gardens with a few friends. Since we can't see the beautiful lights at Temple Square anymore . . . this was the next best place!
(Despite the cold temperatures - little Presley refused her winter coat. I cannot believe how stubborn she is).
We seem to live on hot chocolate once the cold sets in. Yum!
Crew had a fantastic Christmas party at preschool.
Ms. Jeannie is always so sweet to include younger siblings in all of the activities. Presley was in heaven.
A great visit with Santa.
We survived another crazy, busy, marathon week at work! Non-stop Christmas music and working with great friends definitely helped with the long (LONG) stretches and serious lack of sleep. I wouldn't do it if I didn't love it!
Emily and Me.
Emily, Kamar, Me.
Me, Emily, Jana.
Brady, Emily, Me, Savannah.
One of the traditions that I miss most since we don't usually go home anymore for Christmas - is the visit with Santa Claus (AKA Grandpa Crossley). Thankfully we are able to face time for a few minutes.
Candlelight Christmas Eve Dinner
Our traditional re-enactment of the Christmas story. Always a fun time! Crew struggled a bit this year, however. He complained about his tummy hurting the whole time but the minute we went to put out reindeer food, he was all smiles. I love the progression of pictures with him in it. Ha!
Presley took her job as Mary very seriously! She just loved and loved on baby Jesus. It was really so precious!
Lily and Boston doing a great job being the Angel and the Shepherd.
I am so very grateful that we get to celebrate the birth of our Savior! I was excited to start a new tradition with our kiddos this year. I forgot to take a picture of our newest little tree, but each night we put a new ornament related to a scripture story about jesus, read the scriptures together and then watch a short video about the scripture story. My hope is that my children will remember the true meaning of Christmas and come to really know the stories about Jesus in the scriptures.
We got the kids some fun slippers to open up on Christmas Eve. Flip-a-zoo slippers. They can convert to 2 different animals.
Throwing out reindeer food so Santa and his reindeers can find our house.
Waiting patiently at the top of the stairs for dad to check to see if Santa came.
The kids begged and begged and begged (even to Santa) for a dog for Christmas. Even though their greatest wish wasn't granted - they had such a great Christmas and enjoyed all of their wonderful gifts.
I don't think we need a puppy around here . . . we have 4 little puppies already! I got home from work one morning and saw the kids with collars and drinking their water out of bowls like real dogs.
Introducing: Rocky and Doomsday (Boston and Crew)
Taking the airport bus to the airport. We went to Oklahoma to see family on Christmas night.
I love how great Boston was with Presley! He just held her hand and watched over her while we traveled.
Cousin fun!! The kids were so excited to play with their cousins that they missed so much.
A fun outing to Bass Pro. Playing with the gun games and sitting on the ATV's.
Grandma had a fun game where you pass a big tape ball around and you have to unwrap it to get the little prizes. It was a hit with the kids!
We had such a great time visiting family in Oklahoma. We sure love them and appreciate all that they do for us!



Comments