We Made it Through Swimming Lessons . . . Barely!


Swimming lessons! It started off a bit rough, but we made it through!  My first real adventure with 3 kids under the age of 4.  I have to say that by the end, I was proud of myself. 

We have already made our mark at the Rec Center.  On the first day of swimming lessons, Boston had to be saved by a life guard.  I don't know what they expected . . . 3 two-year-olds to 1 teacher.  The teacher left 2 of the kids in chest deep water while she took the other kid swimming.  Boston let go of the wall and went under.  I was just about to reach for him and pull him out but the life guard intervened and jumped in.  Lily was running around the pool deck, Crew was crying beside me and while I was trying to distract Boston at the wall so he wouldn't go under again, another life guard was making me fill out an incident report.  Phew! What did I get myself into?

Thankfully the next day was a little easier.  They had 2 teachers for the class now. 1 of the girls didn't come back to the lessons so Boston and the other remaining girl got one on one lessons with the teachers.

Boston is truly fearless in the water.  He puts his whole face in the water and even begged to go off the diving board.  They don't let 2-year-olds jump off the diving board but they did let him jump off the diving block.  He did such a great job!

Lily had a rough start also.  When asked to put her face in the water all she would do was put her lips in or plug her nose and barely put her face in.  She just kept telling her teacher "no."  Little stinker!  Garrett and I finally threatened her and told her she couldn't go to the beach when we went to Disneyland if she wasn't willing to try.  That did the trick.  After her first week of lessons, we took her to our neighborhood pool and Garrett just dunked her a few times to show her that she could do it. She finally made up her mind to put her whole face in the water and she loved it!  I had to keep reminding her to pay attention to her teacher because she just kept bobbing up and down in the water.  What a little fishy!  She did such a great job also!

















 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belated Bolder Boulder Post

Lily is Home!

Lily Updike