The Joys of Motherhood

It has been a busy, yet fun filled day!  My sweet little family of course stepped up and made it special for me (in more ways than one)!  It started with Garrett taking the kids to the basement to play so that I could sleep in. (Heavenly!!)  And then the kiddos surprised me with a musical card, chocolates (that they had to have a piece of), a cute basket full of rocks that Lily collected and yummy cinnamon rolls for breakfast.  Doesn't get better than that!

The fun didn't stop there.  We then rushed to get our little busy bodied family to church.  Since we are in the middle of potty training Boston, Garrett took both Lily and him to the restroom before Sacrament Meeting started.  A few minutes later, Lily comes running to our pew and says, "Mom, I forgot to put underwear on this morning, see?"  And then she pulls her skirt down exposing her cute little bottom to everyone around us.  Yes, I turned bright red as others chuckled around us!  Thankfully I had a pull-up in my diaper bag. 

Lily was so excited to sing a mother's day song with all of the primary kids in Sacrament Meeting.  Boston had a meltdown because he wanted to go up also.  So he pretty much cried during most of the song.  I was able to catch a few glimpses of Lily as she stood up on the stand winking at me. She never stopped smiling the whole time she was up there.  And even though she couldn't remember the words to the song, she moved her mouth the entire time . . . even if it meant she was just talking to the person next to her. 

Boston was able to fulfill his desire to sing on the stand when Garrett took him up during the Priesthood mother's day song.  He did pretty good until the last verse.  He then looked at Garrett and said: "I'm done." Thankfully he didn't pitch a fit and he made it through the song drama free.

Finally, I think with all of the busyness of the morning - Crew felt like he needed to be heard more.  He struggled all throughout church - - and finally succumbed to his tiredness ten minutes before church ended. A long 3 hours of church for a momma!

And even though I came home from church exhausted . . . I couldn't be more grateful for the opportunity to be a mother.  These sweet children have a way of driving me absolutely crazy - - but also melting my heart at the same time.  I love them dearly!!

Also, a big thanks to my own mother and mother-in-law.  I don't think I could ever fully appreciate the sacrifices and great love that a mother has for her children until I experienced motherhood.  Thanks for the great example of goodness, patience, and love!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Belated Bolder Boulder Post

Lily is Home!

Lily Updike