Want a Free Candy Bar? . . .

Lily can get you one!


So one of Lily's most favorite things lately is going to the grocery store where they have "Car" shopping carts. She loves playing with the steering wheel and if you stop to get something she yells out, "The car's not working."

We had completed our shopping and I started loading the car with our groceries. When I went to get Lily out of her "car" I noticed that she was holding a candy bar in her hand. I proceeded to explain to her that we can't take anything without paying for it . . . I think she understood because she kept saying, "that not nice."

We quickly went back to the store and I found an older gentleman that worked there. I explained what had happened and gave him back the candy bar. He looked at Lily and she threw her hands up to her face like she was acting shy. He tried to give the candy bar back to her and I kindly told him no. (I was trying to teach her lesson). He understood . . . but for only a minute. He walked away and looked back at Lily and quickly came back to her and handed her the candy bar. (Not the lesson I wanted to teach . . . but who can resist a cute 2-year-old?)

Comments

M+J=K3+E said…
SHe is a cutie....we had that happen too. When Kaiden went to return it they lady, who had no kids and had been trying, told him how courage he was for coming back and gave him even more stuff. AAHH! Lesson:Not learned :)
beks27 said…
I love this. She's a little smarty pants! And so so so cute!
Irish Cream said…
IRRESISTIBLE.

Don't worry, I think she still learned her lesson- that it can pay to be honest!

Popular posts from this blog

Belated Bolder Boulder Post

Lily is Home!

Lily Updike