Boston Garrett Updike
St. Patrick's Day will no longer be just another holiday in the Updike home... It is now the day that Boston Garrett Updike joined our family! On Thursday morning at 7:19, this little guy weighed in at 7lbs 1oz and was 18.5 inches long. As you can see from the pictures, he is a real cutie, maybe even the best looking little boy ever born! (We might be a little biased.) We were so happy to get him home on Saturday. And it has been so fun to see Lily get so excited to have a little brother around. She keeps coming up to him and saying "so sweet" and then leans in to give him some kisses. It is adorable! It is really hard to believe that our family has just gone from 3 to 4. It is a little scary, but we are so excited!
I also have to tell a funny story about Lily. On Friday, I took her with me to the store so that she could pick out a present for Boston. As we were walking down the aisle, I kept pointing at different toys and asking if that is what she wanted to get him. She kept saying "No thanks." At one point, I looked at a toy and said under my breath, "We won't get that one cause it's kinda stupid." Immediately, Lily looked at me and said "Dad, we don't say stupid." Then she paused, looked up at me and pointed saying "Timeout!" Yes, we have been trying to work with Lily on what she can and can't say... of course, I am the one that blew it! Man, nothing gets by her... she is a smarty!! Very funny!
One other thing about how amazing Christina is... She was an absolute champ during labor! When we got to the hospital, they gave her an epidural, but it didn't really work very well. So they upped the dosage a little, and it only worked on half of her body. So she felt everything on the other half. As a husband, it killed me to watch her go through the pain that she was experiencing. And unfortunately, there was nothing that I could do to make it easier for her. But she was incredible! She never gave up and kept pushing until this little guy was able to make his entrance. I love this woman and feel so blessed to be her husband! She is an inspiration!
Comments
WOW only half the epidural!? Poor thing! But that's kinda awesome (maybe in hindsight?) that you got to experience that. Now you can talk with all the other tough mommas out there about how you know what it feels like, too! :) Champ!