Happy Birthday Lily Beller!
We can't believe that our baby girl is 2 years old already! It just goes to show that life really does go by so fast. Part of me is excited that she is growing up and experiencing new things with each phase of life and the other part of me yearns for her to stop growing up and just be my baby forever.
To start the birthday out right, Garrett and I tied two balloons to Lily's crib so that she would have a surprise to wake up to. She LOVED both the Mickey Mouse and Elmo balloons.

After her favorite breakfast of dad's pancakes, she took a long bubble bath. It is so funny to see how excited she gets to have bubbles everywhere.

Our next adventure was to the library for story time. Though Lily doesn't quite yet involve herself with the stories and singing, she loves the idea of it all. She really just enjoys watching all of the little children. She was, however, very excited to participate in the parachute game. She enjoyed holding on to the parachute with the other kids and swaying it up and down to bounce the balls in the air.


The rest of the afternoon was spent playing with her cute cousins until she had a melt down. I had such a sweet moment with her. During her melt down, I put her in bed for a nap and then went downstairs to clean up a little. About 10 minutes later I came up to check on her. She was just sitting up in her bed with such a sad look on her face. My heart just melted and I asked her if she wanted me to hold her. And then for the first time in a very LONG time, she let me rock her to sleep on my chest. I loved it!! Oh, I just love this little girl . . . feistiness and all.
Because Garrett had a big church meeting tonight, once Lily woke up from her late afternoon nap we let Lily blow out her Mickey Mouse candle and eat her birthday cupcake. Of course she was in seventh heaven! Dessert before dinner = awesomeness! Dessert was followed by dinner at Artic Circle. Not much was eaten, but she was having the time of her life playing on the slides.



To end the birthday festivities, she watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Choo Choo Express. What a great day!

Her real Mickey Mouse birthday party will be on Saturday . . . an update to come.
To start the birthday out right, Garrett and I tied two balloons to Lily's crib so that she would have a surprise to wake up to. She LOVED both the Mickey Mouse and Elmo balloons.
Our next adventure was to the library for story time. Though Lily doesn't quite yet involve herself with the stories and singing, she loves the idea of it all. She really just enjoys watching all of the little children. She was, however, very excited to participate in the parachute game. She enjoyed holding on to the parachute with the other kids and swaying it up and down to bounce the balls in the air.
The rest of the afternoon was spent playing with her cute cousins until she had a melt down. I had such a sweet moment with her. During her melt down, I put her in bed for a nap and then went downstairs to clean up a little. About 10 minutes later I came up to check on her. She was just sitting up in her bed with such a sad look on her face. My heart just melted and I asked her if she wanted me to hold her. And then for the first time in a very LONG time, she let me rock her to sleep on my chest. I loved it!! Oh, I just love this little girl . . . feistiness and all.
Because Garrett had a big church meeting tonight, once Lily woke up from her late afternoon nap we let Lily blow out her Mickey Mouse candle and eat her birthday cupcake. Of course she was in seventh heaven! Dessert before dinner = awesomeness! Dessert was followed by dinner at Artic Circle. Not much was eaten, but she was having the time of her life playing on the slides.
Her real Mickey Mouse birthday party will be on Saturday . . . an update to come.
Fun things about Lily:
- She can sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Head, Shoulder, Knees and Toes, and I am a Child of God" all by herself.
- When she falls down she quickly shouts out, "I'm okay."
- She is the pickiest eater ever! (Her preference is pancakes, peaches, pizza, and of course anything that is junk food related).
- She likes to say, "Lily tired?" And then we answer her by asking her if she is tired. Her reply, "No, I not tired."
- She has a little crush on our neighbor, Spencer. She always talks about him and on Sundays when she sees him passing the sacrament she yells quite loudly, "Spencer, come back" over and over again. (Quite embarrassing for her parents!)
- She loves to read books.
- When Lily is on time out or put in her bed for a nap when she is not being nice, she will sometimes yell out some things that we are trying to teach her not to say. (ie. "Stop it", "Give that to me", "No", and even "Say Go Utes"). (Yes, my brother has corrupted her after we trained her to say "Go Cougars."
- She talks unbelievably well. She is such a chatter box!
- She always wants to help me clean. Whether it is sweeping the floor, doing laundry, or emptying the dishwasher . . . she is right there to help.
- She loves to hug us or her Mickey Mouse and say, "So sweet!"
Dad and Mom sure love you, Lily! Happy 2nd Birthday!!
Comments