Halloween Festivities

It has been so much fun to have a little toddler in our home . . . especially during the holidays. I don't know who was more excited - Lily or her parents. (Okay, let's be honest, we were more excited!) To kick off the Halloween festivities, we planned a family home evening of pumpkin carving. Lily wasn't really into touching the pumpkin goop but she was sure curious about what was going on with her pumpkin.


Lighting the pumpkins with dad

The "Dadda," "Momma," and "Lily" Pumpkins


Having fun at Gardner Village with friends


Lily was so excited about her monkey costume. She examined her whole costume in the bathroom mirror. It was kind of cute, I took her "paws" off thinking it would drive her nuts not to have her hands free . . . the minute I did that she cried in frustration because she wanted them on.


Our ward put on a Halloween carnival. Needless to say, Lily had the time of her life! Especially with the cupcake walk and the coloring table.




It was pouring rain on Halloween night, so we only took Lily to 2 houses. Her favorite part of the night, however, was playing in Grandma and Grandpa's stash of Halloween candy. She especially enjoyed grabbing all of the suckers she could hold in her hands.

**Memorable note: She was not able to wear her Halloween costume for trick or treating due to choking on a chicken nugget at dinner and losing all of her food on her costume. Poor little thing. We hurried and washed it so she could at least wear it for a bit on Halloween night.


This picture was taken the next morning after Halloween. The first thing she asked for when she woke up was "Monkey Costume . . . Halloween." So I put her costume over her pajamas. I think she realizes that Halloween brings treats. What kid doesn't love treats??

Comments

Kindt Family said…
So cute!!! I love that she wanted it on right away in the morning! Sawyer's hit the stage of loving costumes, but Hunter usually wants them OFF. Looks like you had a great holiday! :)
The Rosenberg's said…
Hey - Kaden was a monkey for Halloween too, so cute! You look so pretty in the coloring picture! Just Glowing!
Cindy Anderson said…
What a cute little monkey! Aren't the witches at Gardner Village amazing!?
Ashley said…
Oh, she's so sweet! I like her thinking- dressing up gets candy. Too cute!
Kimberlee said…
She is adorable! I just love her smile!

Popular posts from this blog

Belated Bolder Boulder Post

Lily is Home!

Lily Updike