Night Owl

So at 1:45 am I awoke to the sounds of Lily talking and playing in her crib. She talked to herself for about 30 minutes until she decided crying was the only way she was going to get out of her crib to play. The minute I walked into her room she started pointing and saying "Kitchen . . . kitchen." Of course, I was a such a big push-over and let her play since she seemed to be wide awake.



I let her play with her kitchen for about 1o minutes and then read her a book in hopes that she would get sleepy eyes.

It all seemed to work . . . but only for a minute. All of a sudden she started crying and screaming like she was in pain. And yes . . . she was in pain. The poor little thing had the worst diaper rash. I felt so bad! I purchased some strawberries the other day and she has been in seventh heaven eating them. (Obviously no more strawberries for a little while).

Once I changed her diaper and put ointment on her, Garrett read her another story and then she zonked out. I still can't believe how wired she was in the beginning. (Perhaps she will be a night owl like her dad, Grandma Updike, and Grandpa Crossley).


She loves walking around and pushing things. (ie. strollers and bikes)

Mesmerized by the "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" on the Disney Channel.



Such silly things are so fun for babies!

Comments

Oh man, you really are a nice mom! I'd be too exhausted at 1am to let my child play. That cracks me up. But it does sound like her begging to play with the kitchen would be pretty hard to resist, especially considering how darn cute she is!!

I wish we lived closer together! Maybe someday...
Unknown said…
What a little stinker! But she is so dang cute, I can see how she is hard to resist. Sorry I bequethed the night owl gene :) (This is Stephanie, I am on Pete's computer)
The Robins Nest said…
I love how much she's talking!!!
Shanda said…
Kimberly watched this video with me & kept saying, Mom, I need to hold her. She is so cute! Sorry we weren't very reverent at church, but it was so good to see you!
Candice said…
Christina, you are a wonderful mother. Darling little girl you have...she even makes me laugh while watching the videos.

Love ya!!

Popular posts from this blog

Belated Bolder Boulder Post

Lily is Home!

Lily Updike