Happy Birthday Sweet Baby Lily!

I don't know who was more excited for Lily's birthday - - her or her parents! To start her big day . . . we surprised her by sneaking into her room while she was asleep and we tied a couple of balloons to her crib. Her usual wake up consists of crying a bit before someone comes and gets her. However, this morning we heard 2 seconds of crying followed by "ooohhhs and aaaahhhs." It was so cute! She absolutely loved the balloons. So much so that she did not want her mom and dad to even take her out of her crib. (That's a first!)


The highlight of the day continued to be the balloons! If only a couple of balloons could make her just as happy at 16 years-old. (That would be awesome!)



She enjoyed a grilled cheese sandwich that she absolutely loved at Sonic for lunch. Perhaps the only downfall of the whole day was the shots she received at the doctor's office. (I know . . . what mother schedules an appointment on her baby's birthday? I figure at 1, a grilled cheese sandwich heals any distress that a shot causes.)

And because no birthday is complete without your favorite meal, Lily got to eat spaghetti for dinner. She absolutely loves marinara sauce! (Notice, she had a death grip on the balloons the entire time!)


Finally, it came time for the actual celebration. We were grateful that Grandma Crossley and many of Lily's aunts and uncles were able to come and enjoy some cake and ice cream. Even Grandma and Grandpa Updike were able to join thanks to the miracle of Skype! Of course, Lily enjoyed the cake more than anyone.

At first, she wasn't quite sure what to think of the frosting. But after a little taste, there was no going back. She had no problem devouring the whole piece.








All in all, it was a great birthday! Hard to believe that we have a one-year old. But she sure is fun and we love her!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY!!!

Comments

Kindt Family said…
What a fantastic day!!! Can you be in charge of my birthday, too? :) Happy happy birthday, Lily girl!!! And don't worry you guys, I still think she's a 'baby'- she's really not so old yet. :)
Erin M. said…
Such a fun birthday. It's hard to believe it's already been a year, and that someone can be so adorable! Hope you guys are great.
Katie Lane said…
What great parents!
fun birthday!
time flies, i can't believe she's one!
Melissa said…
I love her obsession with balloons. She is adorable.
Updike Update said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY!!! It sounds like it was a fun day. Wish we could have been there.
Anonymous said…
How cute! I love the balloons- that is so funny! Happy Birthday Lily!
The Robins Nest said…
I'm sad we missed the big birthday bash. Lily is so adorable!! I love that she help onto her balloons all through dinner...so cute! Miss ya tons!
My how time flies!! I can't believe she is 1 all ready! She is getting so big and she is just a peach!! Happy Birthday Lily!

Popular posts from this blog

Belated Bolder Boulder Post

Lily is Home!

Lily Updike