Talking... or something like that

So for the last two nights, Lily has gone to bed at about 10:00pm and woken up at 5:30am. It has been absolutely wonderful to have her sleep for so long, especially for Christina (although, the first night, she kept getting up every 30 minutes to make sure Lily was still breathing). We think that the extra sleep has helped her be a lot more vibrant during the day. In fact, yesterday, she started talking more than she ever has before. So we decided that everyone should get the chance to hear from the cutest little girl in the world. After our Sunday walk around the campus, this is what she had to say.





Also, on our walk, we took some pictures of the beautiful flowers. (Don't call me Ansel Adams yet, but I think they turned out pretty sweet.) We really are going to miss the beautiful campus of Notre Dame.


And of course, what would any post be without more pictures of Lily. Grandpa Updike wanted some pictures of her smiling, so here you go!


And yawning...


And last, but not least, this one is for Grandpa Crossley... Go CUBS!!!! (Never mind the lame looking bow... we just didn't want her to look like a boy in her new Cubs pajamas.)

Our little Cub's fan!!

Comments

The Robins Nest said…
Ah! She's so darn cute!! I can't wait to meet her in a few weeks!! HOORAY!
Stephanie said…
I can't believe she is so verbal. Obviously she knows those boy cousins have a jump on her and she is not going to let them get too far ahead! She is so cute.
Irish Cream said…
Such a sweet little girl!

I hope you're able to settle down like she did and not wake up to wonder if she's ok... that can be so nerve-wracking sometimes!

I LOVED having you and Lily visit us today, Christina, and I can hardly wait to finish your sling with you. The second one won't take any time at all.

See you soon!
Chrisina, I love to see your darling little Lily. She is so cute doing all of her cute tricks. I also love the pictures of your walk.
Tiffney said…
Gosh she's gettin big fast! What a little Dollie!
J-me Boyce said…
That is toooo cute! I love baby babble! You are so lucky she is sleeping so long. I have a horrible sleeper and he is almost 1!
Those flower pictures are so pretty!
p.s. Josh thought it was funny you remembered the stretch pants :)
Myrick Family said…
Garrett buddy, you made a pretty cute little girl!
I heard you finished up with school...that's awesome! What's next?
We never went to that ND home football game or Cubs game together- what happened??
Well, I just wanted to say congratulations and wish you all the best at whatever you find yourself doing next.
~Shane
At first I thought you meant that the extra sleep helped make Christina more vibrant during the day...but then I realized you meant Lily. :) If you're anything like me, Christina, I'm guessing it was probably both! Hope you're getting more and more sleep as the weeks go by!! Lily is so beautiful! Good genes!

Popular posts from this blog

Belated Bolder Boulder Post

Lily is Home!

Lily Updike