Viva Las Vegas!

As most of you know, we have been spending our summer in sunny Las Vegas. So far, we have really enjoyed it. Christina loves the heat, which sometimes gets up to 112 - Blazing hot! In fact, after I leave for work, she turns off the AC in our house cause she likes it warm. I guess the thermostat will be our constant battle - I always try to get it down to 70 and she likes it up around 80.

As you can imagine, there is a lot going on in Las Vegas. Last week, Christina's brother Grant came and stayed with us for the week. Since we have been married, Christina and I have discovered that we are pretty boring people. We enjoy just hanging out at the house and watching TV. But we wanted to make sure that Grant didn't leave thinking his brother-in-law and sister were lame, so we tried to be entertaining. That meant that we had to spread out our ideas of fun so that it would last the whole week. So here is a recap of what happened:

Day 1
Grant had never been to In-N-Out so we had to take him to try his first Double Double with a chocolate shake. I can't get enough of this tastee treat!

Day 2

Obviously we had to go to the strip at least a couple of times. If you haven't seen the fountains at the Bellagio, it is a must. The water is synchronized to music and they do a free show about every 15 minutes.
Day 3

Luckily, Grant is easily entertained. We went to see a movie. See, we are kinda boring sometimes.

Day 4

Back to the strip for more fun. This time we went for the thrill rides. Unfortunately, Christina decided to stay home for this one, but Grant and I had a great time. We went to the top of the Stratosphere and rode the Big Shot and the XScream. Both were very thrilling and the view from the top of the stratosphere is unbelievable.

This is the XScream. It is pretty fun and definitely makes you lose your stomach!

All in all, it was great to have Grant stay with us. Hopefully he enjoyed it and doesn't think we are too lame.

Finally, one last note. When we first got to Las Vegas, we were hanging out on the strip one Saturday and saw something very interesting, shocking really. I had to be stealthy about taking this picture, so hopefully it is clear. But what do you notice about the little boy?

Yup, he is sucking on a binky! Can you believe that! He had to have been at least 5 years old! Can you imagine having to tell your kid to take his binky out so that he can go to school. It was absolutely embarrassing. And to make it even worse, his dad was with him the entire time and didn't do anything about it. Once, I even saw the kid drop the binky on the disgustingly gross ground, pick it up and put it right back in his mouth. Poor kid. I blame the parents.

Comments

Shanda said…
I love to see your pictures! I'm a little jealous that you guys get to be so close to "home!" Can you believe we are only a few weeks away from heading back!? Should we plan Thursday Night Office nights at your apartment? (Our TV doesn't work) We're excited to have you as neighbors. We don't find you boring! Christina you don't look pregnant yet! :)
Ali B. said…
I am glad you had a fun time!!! Whats wrong with lounging and tv?
Melissa said…
I'll second the motion. You two are my kind of folks--not boring in the slightest. This sounds like a great visit.
Anonymous said…
You really shouldn't make judgements about the use of a binky seeing that you have no children yet. He might be about five, but he's still little. I have a few kids that refused to give up their binky until almost age five, and weaning them off of it was traumatic for them. You have no idea how attached they become. It definitely does not make a bad parent. If it makes them happy and it's not hurting anyone, why should it bother you or make you embarrassed?
Kindt Family said…
Awesome! I love the Big Shot! That XScream is a new one I haven't tried- and it doesn't look like I would! Christina's smart for staying home on that night! The pacifier kid is crazy!!! I saw an older kid with one the other day, too, and I had to bite my tongue not to say something to the mom. All the research now says kids should get off of them early for daytime use, but can safely use them "FOR SLEEPING AIDS" until around age 3-4 before it'll start causing physical damage to their mouths and extreme emotional attachments that will be crazy to try and break. I worked really hard to make sure Sawyer was off of it for any daytime use by the time he was about 15 months (and that was mainly just at church to stay quiet), and it was hardly a problem at all for him to give it up (if you do it young). I agree: I blame parents, using it as a quieting tool for themselves.
Fun! What a pretty view of Vegas at night! We live a little too close to an In-N-Out ourselves... :) Miss you guys!
I saw two teenage girls sucking on binkies at a Mariner game last week. I probably blame the parents too.
Jen K. said…
Christina!
I found a link to you on Lee Ann's blog and I just had to say hi! It seems just like yesterday that we were running around BYU at swim camp getting stalked by the weirdo boys from Idaho. Do you remember? But it has really been 8 years since I saw you at my wedding, WOW!
Congrats on your little positive mark... kids are such a fun adventure!

Popular posts from this blog

Belated Bolder Boulder Post

Lily is Home!

Lily Updike