Africa, Here We Come!!!
So with the first year of our experience at Notre Dame coming to a close, we decided to splurge a bit. I have always wanted to go on an African Safari... so I convinced Christina that we should pack our bags and head to Kenya for a week so we could check out the wildlife... OK, so we really didn't go on a safari (although we will someday when we have a lot of money!), but we did go to the Potowatomi Zoo. Now it's nothing like what you might see in San Diego or Chicago, but it's not bad for such a small zoo. It is definitely something fun to do in booming South Bend! The MBA program has a Family Life Club and for it's last activity we had a picnic lunch at the zoo. Christina and I were the only ones without kids, but it was really fun.
I like to play with the tigers. This little guy and I got along really well!
And can you tell how excited Christina is to play with... Well, we have no idea what that thing is, but Christina sure liked it!
Monkeys make me laugh. Apparently, right before we got to this part of the zoo, one of the chimpanzees was dancing around and throwing stuff at the crowd. Man, that would have been hilarious!
And here are three other guys from my program: Pedro (from Chile), Dan & Joe. Dan & Joe both went to BYU. No fat jokes... I already know that I gained weight. Remember, it's all muscle.
Picnic by the River
And while the weather still isn't consistently nice, there are some days that are beautiful. The other day, Christina & I went to the St. Joseph river and had a picnic. In downtown South Bend, they have tried to build a nice park area on the river. It is really pretty. They have a few different cafes that overlook the river which are pretty cool. Also, I guess that every year, they have kayak races down the river. It looks like it would be really fun. The US Olympic team even practiced here once.
It really is pretty, especially when Christina is standing there! You can see that on the other side of the river is a building. It is the art museum, which we are planning on visiting soon.
Check it out - There are three of us! OK, I just was trying some stuff out with Photoshop. It's not that cool, but I was proud of myself!
I like to play with the tigers. This little guy and I got along really well!
And can you tell how excited Christina is to play with... Well, we have no idea what that thing is, but Christina sure liked it!
Monkeys make me laugh. Apparently, right before we got to this part of the zoo, one of the chimpanzees was dancing around and throwing stuff at the crowd. Man, that would have been hilarious!
And here are three other guys from my program: Pedro (from Chile), Dan & Joe. Dan & Joe both went to BYU. No fat jokes... I already know that I gained weight. Remember, it's all muscle.Picnic by the River
And while the weather still isn't consistently nice, there are some days that are beautiful. The other day, Christina & I went to the St. Joseph river and had a picnic. In downtown South Bend, they have tried to build a nice park area on the river. It is really pretty. They have a few different cafes that overlook the river which are pretty cool. Also, I guess that every year, they have kayak races down the river. It looks like it would be really fun. The US Olympic team even practiced here once.

It really is pretty, especially when Christina is standing there! You can see that on the other side of the river is a building. It is the art museum, which we are planning on visiting soon.
Check it out - There are three of us! OK, I just was trying some stuff out with Photoshop. It's not that cool, but I was proud of myself!
Comments
Anyway, I love YOUR blog and am so excited to keep updated!